[600MRG] Newbie

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Wed Apr 9 19:33:13 CDT 2014

The FCC form problem I ran into was due to bandwidths,  it would not
allow you
to put in any width that was not the "normal" for that mode, IE: 62hz
for PSK31
Not sure what MSK16 requires,  MSK31 is 62hz also,  when putting in the
proper
bandwidth the field then populated with the proper emission.. like msk31 =
62HOG1D  popped up.   A1A= 150HA1A  etc

Good advice to study the emissions designators,  they have to be the
correct bandwidth.

Merv

 > My two cents worth:
 > You might want to consider applying for wider emission bandwidths
than the 62Hz that I have on mine. If you want to run digital programs
like MFSK 16, you might want to apply for 500 Hz bandwidths.

 >   Study the omission designators before you apply so that you
understand how they are formed. I wish I had done that.

 > Neil, WG2XSV
 >
 > Sent from Neil's iPhone
 >
 >> On Apr 9, 2014, at 16:07, Merv Schweigert <k9fd at flex.com> wrote:
 >>
 >> Its not difficult at all,  there is info on the web under different
600 meter sites and
 >> John XIQ was a big help also,  sending me info.   I reviewed several
applications
 >> that had been approved on the FCC web page,  and filled out the form.
 >> There were a couple of things that seemed out of the ordinary one
being I could
 >> not put in the correct nomenclature for the emissions I wanted to
use,  but found
 >> later they filled themselves in after a few more entries were made.
Would have to

>>> 600MRG at w7ekb.com