[600MRG] 630M Loading coil

Ken Roberson kwroberson at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 14:48:42 CDT 2014

Hello All , I uploaded a photo of the vertical antenna loading coil  to QRZ ( K5DNL ) .
The coil form is 6 inch PVC , OD is 6.5 inches The wire is # 10 , The green is the
160 meter windings , All windings for 630 meters. Relay shorts out the 630m for 160 meters.
Inside the coil there is a wide spaced xmitter cap ( 100 pf ) with a 1/4 inch shaft going to a 12 volt DC
motor that I can reverse from inside the shack.
I can tune the antenna 160 or 630 from inside the shack with the push of a button.
Been using this setup for 6 mo. Made it thru the winter with a bucket over it.

73 Ken K5DNL // WG2XXM