[600MRG] ARRL takes the FCC to task

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 1 13:17:16 CDT 2014

I do appreciate the fact that the ARRL is actively taking a representative role andtelling the FCC whatmany of us are thinking:

"The League said the Report “makes good recommendations” in
addressing years-long delays in resolving rule making petitions and
open-docket proceedings. As an example it cited the League’s 2012 Petition for Rule Making seeking a new Amateur Radio allocation at 472-479 kHz. 'To date, a year and a half after it was filed, this Petition for Rule Making has not been afforded a file number, nor has public comment been solicited on it,' the ARRL said."

This was part of a bigger report which can be read about at http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-calls-for-timely-visible-fcc-amateur-radio-enforcement

Oh, band was good last night... Very little lightning reported across the US...

And a new Part 5 license granted this morning but I won't steal his thunder...

73,

John XIQ