[600MRG] Noise cancelers

Joe K I 5 F J jen1joeo at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 14:52:21 CDT 2013

I have been using the MFJ for over 10 years
with excellent results.
When the PL Buzz appears (160-30M),
the null reduces the Buzz significantly.

The aux channel is fed by a 60-M
Sloping Inverted Vee.
The main antenna is either a 50 Ft vertical
or a 160-M Horizontal loop.

My procedure is to first set AGC to SLOW.
Set the aux gain to zero, main gain near max,
observe the S-Meter indication.
Turn the main gain to zero, Adjust the aux gain
to equal the main S-Meter reading.
Return the main gain to the original value, near max.

Adjust the phasing for the null.
Fine tune the null depth with slight gain adjustments.
The aux gain set is nearly always near max.

73
Joe O,   K I 5 F J
NNNN