[600MRG] Noise cancelers

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Mon Sep 23 13:49:23 CDT 2013

On 23 Sep 2013 at 11:14, Rudy Severns wrote:

> We'll have to see how the mods work.

Yes. I am, most certainly, going to try them as soon as I can come up with a '1026

>  Right now the noise is killing any
> chance to hear the gang, even the WSPR signals.

That is my situation here also.

>   I'll be putting up a
> dedicated receiving antenna but that's down the road.  In the meantime I
> have my big antenna up and can put up a sense vertical easily if needed.
> Besides the noise problem I have 120 mV rms of BC signals coming out the
> spigot!

Sheesh! Well, we do have a BC station within a mile or so of us, but it is a fairly low power
job. It is on 1450 KHz too, which probably helps, and it drops to 250 watts at night.

>  The first priority is to build a really good filter and then the
> 1026 mods.  I may have to build two filters, the second one on the sense
> antenna????

Possibly...yes.

> I have a real challenge here but I think it may be a lot of fun and a great
> learning experience solving it.  If you're a fanatic there's a lot that can
> done!

Hmmmm....you sound like someone related to me... :-)

Ken W7EKB /24