[600MRG] Fwd: My local noise - more info...

William E. Isakson bill.isakson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 19:07:43 CDT 2013

Ken, Your low 50 foot wire, while perpendicular to the power lines is not
really orthogonal to it.  To be orthogonal the end needs to point right at
it, that is, it could be up at the same height as the wire and
perpendicular, or it could be perpendicular and sloping so that the end
points at it.   Even at that, you are, as you said, still in bed with it
because orthogonal things still get some crossover, but that would minimize
it.  The only other thing you could also do is set up a second voltage
probe antenna a distance from the first one, or better, use two verticals
on a line perpendicular to the voltage wire, and use something like the MFJ
noise canceler.  However, that is still limiting in that you would
definitely not be able to hear in the direction of the wire.   Still a
rotating inclined plane though.
Bill

--------

Bill Isakson