[600MRG] XIQ

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 16 11:24:27 CDT 2013

wow - thats a significant increase from previous sessions.  Thanks for the reports and comparisons.

Last night seemed to have had a really slow start.  The lightning map didn't show anything out of the ordinary.  Based on the numbers, I really cannot conclude that the band was particularly "long" compared to other nights.  It seemed relatively homogenous based on reports, particularly with the stations in CO and UT that are between me and Laurence.

I have a definite advantage to the west (including NW/SW) being near the top edge of a 300ft escarpment and generally in the clear.

I've been talking with a station in KH6 starting at the end of last season and recently again.  Its my hope that he will be on again shortly.  I think he is another 1000 miles distant compared to Laurence, which is probably pushing my luck...

thanks again for the reports from everyone.  hopefully we will be getting to the point shortly where QSO's are common.  Eric and I had a try a few nights ago but it was still too noisy and the band was shifting a lot more.  Speaking of which, I am recanting my comments made to Pat /6 regarding my impression of QSB at the moment.  The QSB seems to be pretty wild right now, maybe influenced by the rapidly changing seasonal conditions (???).  That was something noted last week in our CW attempt.  Pretty quick period on the QSB and did not stabilize until well after midnight central time.

73,

John XIQ