[600MRG] WSPRX resync question

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 3 09:49:04 CDT 2013

I have to second Larry's comments on the computer clock slide.  I use a registry hack to update my time hourly via one of the NIST servers.  I lose several seconds over the course of a few hours making that required 2 second window for WSPR almost impossible to achieve.

The crazy thing is that the computer clocks seem to have gotten worse over the last few years.  I recall using WSPR when it first came on the scene and only having to update the time about once a day...bizzare turn of events.

btw, its my understanding from a number of guys that have been runing side-by-side tests that WSPR-X is not as sensitive for WSPR2.  I run version 2.11 and while I have X loaded here, 2.11 is just easier to run for standard beaconing...

73,

XIQ