[600MRG] WSPRin this AM

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 28 07:48:40 CDT 2013

That wandering signal has been reported by many listeners, in fact K5DNL reported it a few months ago because it was covering me up.  I moved and it continues to meander below me a bit.  I have heard it a few times but in the last several days there has been a surge of reports from other geographic areas, notably W7IUV mentioned a PSK-like signal below the WSPR band.   I was able to see it in the water fall very easily last night, probably better than ever before.  I do not remember it being there last season.

I have no idea what it is.  From the sound of it, there is no intelligence associated with the signal but its always there and its heard over a very large geographic area.

If this "thing" shows up close enough to me to cause problems, please let me know and I will move again.  I don't believe it is following me but does seem to drift around with impunity <cue X-files music>

anyone have any thoughts?

73,

John XIQ