[600MRG] WSPR reception problem

Pat Hamel pehamel at cableone.net
Wed Oct 23 15:10:25 CDT 2013

John,

I have heard your CW ID and seen it on the two-minute cycle ending.

 It is too fast to copy through the static, but your signal is at or near
where it used to be on the WSPR waterfall.

ALL,

We need to start scheduling QSOs with whoever will come up.

Beaconing is a way to lay claim to the frequency during the summer, but QSOs
are what makes the band a band.

It takes me about five minutes to QSY so I don't know if there are northeast
stations on the air.

WE2XGR/6 in New York had his full 200 watts ERP and we were able to have
QSOs about 8 or 9PM central almost nightly either last year or the year
before.

It was just the RST and local temperature, but he was able to copy me with
my 10 watts ERP.

My local news comes on at 10PM central, but I have been fairly regular to
call CQ at 11PM (0400Z) and midnight (0500Z) central for about 15 minutes.

I am not a clock watcher, when my CWID starts after a QRSS3 sequence I
switch from computer to keyer and call CQ.

I don't know if I should move back above 500KC or hope more stations will
listen down here for me and tell me their frequency.

Opinions requested.

73,

Pat /6

  _____