[600MRG] WD2XSH observation

Pat Hamel pehamel at cableone.net
Fri Nov 29 23:50:52 CST 2013

I need to QRT early tonight, but signals are way up and noise was low.
Strong WSPR and Ralph were keeping the background noise on ARGO solid BLACK
In CW mode.

I tried running the 250HZ filters centered on WSPR like I did last night
with the inverted -L and the R-75 attenuator on,
There were too many noise pulses across the signal for the computer to
decode. Nothing else was running.
I wonder if the lightning off Cuba, East Florida, and Bermuda is what I am
seeing here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast?

I saw something strange last night, and it looks like it was back tonight.
Right dead on 1500 CPS (475.700) is a signal with two sidebands but it is
not time synced with the other WSPR signals.
It went away about the time I started writing this.

Good night
Pat /6