[600MRG] For discussion: Re: Top loading a vertical on LF/MF

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Wed Nov 27 17:45:23 CST 2013

Neil,

WSC, Tuckerton NJ Radio used a sloping top-hat on its 200 foot Tohn 45
guyed base fed insulated base terminating at above 60 feet above ground at
tied at that point with a wire making a circle.

Best DX was in the Pacific off Ecuador.

Unlike WSL and WCC we could not work WLO WNU and KLC at night.  We could
work WCC, NMF (Boston), NMN in VA and VAU in Yarmouth, NS, and probably NMA
Miami at night.

Such sloped top hat was a standard installation on 500 kHz.

73

DR