[600MRG] Band last night WD2XSH/20

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 14 12:50:17 CST 2013

Last night was peculiar, as well as previous few nights...The behavior you mentioned with the rapid shifting from one rx site to another was evident last night.

When you first fired up on WSPR, there were a couple of faint traces,that IMHO, looks like they should have decoded but they did not. After that brief period, you were not seen in the waterfall at all but started hearing me at some point later in the evening.

It was peculiar that the guys in OK were both hearing you, but I was not... they are under 200 miles away.  I also noted that WB5WPA 40 miles north of me was not hearing you either.  There seemed to be a lot of tradeoff with NR5O who would generally hear one of us, but rarely at the same time from the brief glance of the data I have made so far.

XJM Eric went from no copy at all to -5db s/n and stayed in for the duration following...   I think he went on to have a single ping into KL7.  The oval looked mostly dissipated last night but I've seen other nights recently with nil ovals and no results...

Nothing from Neil, XSV, but i suspect when he adds some power with the board he ordered from XKA John, there will be improvements.  I am behind on checking all of the screenshots, however, so perhaps something squeaked through.

Never a dull moment...

73,

John XIQ