[600MRG] goofy band tonight

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 13 21:00:23 CST 2013

It almost kinda feels like the band is getting a late start, which I would not expect getting dark earlier.. or maybe I am expecting too much from it getting dark earlier, I dont know.

Starting out tonight, Pat /6 had an odd quality to his signal, almost fluttery.  I had to run down to listen to a local NDB to make sure I was not having an RX problem.  I do not believe that this was a technical problem on pat's end or here.  It was atmospherics related for sure.

Rudy /20 was being heard by the very exclusive group surrounding me(KF5JIA and K5DNL in OK and NR5O in AZ), except for me.  There were a few wispy traces early on but nothing in a while and no decode either way.

Finally, XJM Eric, who was being reported by others early on but NIL here suddenly jumped out of the noise audibly and we were hearing each other.  I don't know if he had been off air for a bit or bumped the power up but it was like someone flipped a switch...

I am not hearing /12 tonight at all...

73,

John XIQ