[600MRG] WD2XSH/20

Rudy Severns n6lf at arrl.net
Wed Nov 6 12:32:04 CST 2013

I had a great time last night decoding WSPR signals.  I know it sounds odd
but I could tell I'd improved my listening because I can now hear the static
crashes from lightning!  When I first tried this fall all I heard was a loud
buzz and a couple of local digital signals.  The reception was static free!

Things are noticeably better but I still have much work to do.  As soon as I
put in a relay to short the rx antenna while transmitting I'll be ready to
automatically interleave transmitting and receiving of WSPR.  I'll also be
ready to try CW QSO's although my reception is still pretty noisy.

I'll run my CW beacon this evening on 477 kHz from 0030Z until about 0300Z
and then switch over to WSPR rx.

73, Rudy