[600MRG] Fw: Getting Startedv on 600 Meters

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 7 13:09:28 CDT 2013

So I replied to Dick directly on what I was using here and what my experiences
have been after a season on the band but he raises an interesting question:  Are
there any nets on 80 or 160 to discuss getting on 630m?

I'm not aware of any but see it as a great opportunity to maybe get casual
listeners interested in what we are doing.  Other groups have their nets - Boat
anchors, AMSAT, etc...

going forward is there any interest in this?  maybe establishing an HF calling
freq for 630m skeds?  Or is the thinking that we have transitioned these
operations to the email reflector?  I am a little surprised there has not been
wider use of chat sites like the ON4KST lowband chat to discuss issues or items
of interest but maybe I am over thinking  it.

73,

John KB5NJD/WG2XIQ