[600MRG] Getting Startedv on 600 Meters

dickbolt at comcast.net dickbolt at comcast.net
Tue May 7 12:26:40 CDT 2013

Hi, I have madeseveral runs at GOOLE trying to find articles on building or converting a unit to get on the 600 meter band......No Raly find?
I still have my old Heath AT-1 & looks pretty good. I have another one that is a bit sick! On the assumption any start up unit will be crystal controlled, converting an old rig like an AT-1 might be a way. I have an acre to make a circular  loop antenna long & have now a full sized 80 meter 1/2 wave dipole up. My 746PRO seems to tune that band, but do not know when to listen? Obviously a new final coil will be needed in AT-1 tank ckt! Possibly a tank ckt larger variable cap.
Where do I find more advice on getting on band & buying crystals. I think I have a 500 KC xtal there might be a way to move it like the old days? Is there a 160 or 80 Mtr net that meets to talk this?
Dick in Far Western MD W1DGA.