[600MRG] Fwd: Re: modified MFJ Antenna analyzer failure

pat bunn pbunn at patbunn.com
Thu Mar 21 10:16:57 CDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [600MRG] modified MFJ Antenna analyzer failure
Date: 	Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:22:40 -0400
From: 	pat bunn <pbunn at patbunn.com>
To: 	John Langridge <jlangridge at sbcglobal.net>

John,

I have had very good luck with my Rig Expert 30. It was also very
helpful when designing the original matching for the vertical.

I have blown the FETs out one time and it was due to my own stupidity. I
entered 447.2 instead of 474.2 KHz into the signal generator and started
my beacon. By the time I realized what I had done,( about 30 seconds)
the fets were history. But at $2.50 each , it's not a disaster.

I do need a power meter SWR bridge on the antenna feed all the time, so
if anyone has a good design, I'd like to try it. I bought a real nice
large NOS Simpson 200 uA meter at Charlotte to build something along
that line.

Pat
N4LTA