[600MRG] spectrum change that might interest you.

Tom "Doc" Gruis, KØHTF k0htf at netins.net
Fri Jul 19 11:51:11 CDT 2013

Hi from Iowa!

    The allocation of the spectrum and its seizure for auction is not a good
thing.  It is kind of like when some in DC wanted to auction off the
redwoods.  I feel it is good for those of us really involved in radio to
keep a heads up on the government philosophy or policy about the natural
resource called the "electromagnetic spectrum" especially since we are now
hoping for the 630 meter and 173 Khz authorizations.  Just asking. Different
technical details but the same control over them. Auctioning off the
spectrum; is that a "green" thing to do? There are some nice wide amateur
bands up in the UHF area.  Might they become vulnerable.

   At my QTH I am noticing a strong seemingly carrier around 173 KHz. with
some multiples.

    I am capable of operating on all bands 160 through 1.2 GHz except 60
meters.  As a broadcast engineer - olde First 'Phone with radar
endorsement - the frequencies just above and below the AM band are of
especial interest.

    I am hoping to expand receiving capabilities on LF and low MF this fall
and get somewhat into QRSS. Your postings on antennae and such are really
appreciated from this "lurker."

TNX ES 73,

Doc.