[600MRG] Night of Nights - enjoyed

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 10:27:09 CDT 2013

On 07/15/2013 09:18 AM, KB6YNO wrote:
> Bill,
>
> You didn't hear WCC because that station wasn't on the air and hasn't between for years using CW. Shipcom was keying WLO & KLB. Radiomarine no longer keys WCC. That line was disconnected when KPH closed in 1998.
>
> As far as I know, Globe Wireless has no interest in participating in N o N. They are the current owner of the callsign, which is used by one of their email stations in MD.
>
> The receiver site us now used by the city of Chatham: http://chathammarconi.org/HistoryCMMCSite.html.
>
> Eric, KB6YNO
>
> Sent from my phone. Typoz expected.

Hi,

There was talk of WCC having been aired by a pirate. I was only
mentioning that I hadn't heard it. Sadly, there are some good things
that we are just not going to get back. But what's this? An email
station in Bahst'n? Now I'm going on a hunt for...WCC. What's an email
station? How does it operate? Email on radio?

Several times I heard of Landlubbers (actually I did serve aboard a Navy
destroyer) intervening when ships at sea ran into trouble. Many other
instances of sending correspondence to various ships at various times
similar to QSL cards (on steroids) with replies and even souvenirs back
from the ships. I did follow the progress of some ships form time to
time but didn't follow on with personal correspondence. Mostly because
there gaps in my "reception reports due to an aggressive work schedule.
Now I have the time they're just not there any more.

73,

Bill  KU8H