[600MRG] Flex-5000A or Flex-1500

JUAN A. GRANADOS juangranados at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 21 18:02:09 CST 2013

Hi Ed!

Please note that:

"I own a Flex 5000A and I love it. I would like to use it for TX/RX at
630/600M and 2200M, but the BCB transmitters sub-images block its
receiver, in spite of utilizing a Clifton Labs very efficient BCB filter
that provides me a quiet band below 530 KHz for the Kenwood and for
SDR-IQ (the best receiver I use at these frequencies). My current setup
is TS-2000 for TX/RX each night using modified G3XBM transverter for
630M WSPR work ANT: based loaded 40' vertical w/3 40' top hats,
receiving on 79' diamond shaped tuned shield loop oriented N/S." ERP 58mW.

I started with SDR-1000 eight years ago, and acquired the 5000A 4 years
ago, being a very happy Flex-Radio customer. But, like Dudley told me
this afternoon, the 5000A, just was not designed to be used below
1800KHz. He suggested that I try inserting attenuator pads between the
BCB filter and the 5000A.

I am beginning, for the first time, to consider other DDC/DUC SDR
transceiver options, at much lower cost than the newer Flex's...

Regards and 73

Juan /K4LCD - WF2XXQ

--
Ofelia y Juan Antonio Granados