[600MRG] Flex-5000A or Flex-1500

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Mon Jan 21 15:38:11 CST 2013

Lee,

Interesting that both the flex 1500 and 5000 will work down
there.  We were hoping that the new KX3 would but now it has been
stated it will not.  The K3 stops at 490 KHz, unfortunately.

So I will build a special transverter to run from 10.470 to 0.470
MHz.  This allows me to use my station OCXO 10-MHz standard as the
LO.  Using the K3 with < 1-Hz error at 10-MHz will make an
exceptionally stable 630m rig.  Mixing will all be a mw level and
then amplified either by my NDB 100w transmitter or by adding a 25w
MosFet PA stage.  I will also look at using a 3.1 MHz LO for 80m
transceivers to translate down from 3570 KHz.  If there is interest,
I may try selling them perhaps as a partial kit.
http://www.kl7uw.com/kits.htm

I have my six-band HF LP filter board from PCBExpress and it came out
nice.  I will be installing the components and testing the next
couple weeks.  This is for my 300w HF amp (kit sold by CCI).

So next will be designing up the 630m transverter pc board once I
have settled on circuitry.  I would love to have a prototype to show
off at Dayton (we will see?).

73, Ed
PS: repaired inverted-L so I can begin testing and receiving,
again.  May set up for WSPR receive-only until I am sure of match at antenna.