[600MRG] Dual decodes

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 12 18:07:56 CST 2013

Hi Claude -

No filter, NB or DSP in use here.. straight RX with AGC off...

While I am inclined to believe in the idea of the products being generated in the RX,  this appears to be something other than that.  In fact just last week both WG2XPJ and WG2XKA encountered an oscillation resulting in dual decodes that required additional filtering on PS due to sagging.  After adding caps, the problem went away.

I had a recent problem with dual decodes.  I knew there was an issue because the RF current wave form on my scope match was not smooth.  There was a product embedded on the waveform and tweeking the vario while watching the scope match resolved the problem completely.

As I told Ken, these dual decodes create zero problem for me at all.  If they are real, the only way to know for sure  would be to look at the passband with  a spectrum analyzer.  As the band becomes busier, this  might become a problem, but right now, its not.  As far as I am concerned, he has nothing to worry about running it as is.

73,

John XIQ