[600MRG] Dual decodes

Claude Baker ac0zl at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 12 17:45:59 CST 2013

Ken,

My personal experience is that dual decodes are GENERATED at the receiver.

Today, I was tuned for WSPR reception but using Argo to look at Mike's signal, XSH/12. His signal is about the right strength for me to use my tooth fillings for demodulation. In Argo's full band view, I noticed 120 Hz harmonics of Mike's signal.  I turned off my noise blanker and the harmonics went away. I've noticed the same behavior with very strong WSPR signals - back off noise blanker action and multiple decodes go away.

John Langridge - if you're seeing dual decodes, turn off your noise blanker and see if they go away. You'll save Ken a lot of work and worry over his new baby.

I don't know about the rest of you but any time I put something new into operation and see unexpected results, itmust be my fault - no other explanation seems possible. Looked at objectively, we all know that is wrong.

Cheers,

Claude Baker, AC0ZL