[600MRG] Voltage...

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Nov 10 16:06:08 CST 2018

I am trying to figure out what the voltage at the top of my base-loading coil for my proposed
630 meter antenna might be.

The antenna is a 55 foot tall vertical, with 30 each 33 foot long radials, and I cannot run any
sort of top-hat wire from its top.

According to my calculations, I will need something like 620 mH inductance in order to
resonate the antenna on 630 meters.

The proposed inductor will be wound on a piece of 10" or 12" PVC pipe using #10 or #12
THHN wire.

Then I propose to use some form of heavy-duty relay to switch it into and out of my
antenna's base.

I have Rudy's documents here, and will try to use the info in that to calculate that voltage,
but I am asking anyone who has had experience in these matters to share their knowledge.

Thanks,

Ken W7EKB