[600MRG] E-mail issues

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Thu Jan 18 12:08:36 CST 2018

OK, gang, I am now receiving posts from my forum by subscribing myself as
w7ekb at arrl.net, which is then forwarding those on to me at my normal e-mail address.

I am still not receiving posts from the list directly, and after working with my webserver
company, hostforweb, here is what I have been told.

"However, the messages to your email kgordon2006 at frontier.com are being rejected
by the remote server. Please look at this excerpt:

===
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<kgordon2006 at frontier.com>:
450 4.7.1 <phoenix.hostforweb.net[181.214.31.81]>: Client host rejected: Try again
later
===

This error basically means that your email service provider for
kgordon2006 at frontier.com is rejecting the connections from the server where your
forum resides.

In order to resolve this, please contact your email service provider support team and
provide them with the above report."

This is exactly what I suspected from the beginning of this debacle. Furthemore,
there is nothing I can do directly about this, but I must contact my ISP, frontier.com,
and THEY have to fix the problem.

The reason I am sharing this with you is that several of you over the years have
experienced exactly the same issue I am now experiencing, and, as should be clear to
all by now, there is absolutely NOTHING I can do on my end to fix it.

Each of us who has experienced this problem must contact the intermediate carrier
directly and get them to fix it.

Nice, huh? :-(

And this has only taken me two weeks, at least, to get this far.

Vy 73 for now.

Ken W7EKB

---