[600MRG] WSJT-X 1.9 v 1.8 second night

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 20:30:12 CST 2018

Hi,

I finally took a sip of the WSJT-X kool-aid and had a run at ft8
(receive only). I played with it a couple of days and followed
propagation around most of today. I got it to copy 'right out of the
box'. It's the first time WSJT-anything ever put anything at all on my
screen. There is more for me learn and can undoubtedly make if find more
stations. But I did give it a sever test!

The receiver is reasonable Kenwood R-599. The antenna is an unreasonable
ten foot wire running from the RX up and over the drapes in the room.
Not very much! I copied stationed from 160 meters through 20 meters -
lots of stations.

I intend to play with it some more but my digital modes will be CW,
RTTY, and PSK-31. If I learn more about it I will be able to follow
conversations about it with a little more understanding. I can tolerate
watching it. I have also watched paint dry, usually while I was doing
something else nearby. Hey..I'm trying to understand the FT-8 guys so
meet me halfway. To me it looks just like paint drying:) Maybe FT-9 can
be enhanced to carry a slightly larger payload:)

73,

Bill  KU8H

--
bark less - wag more