[600MRG] License class

Dick Bingham dick.bingham at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 11:43:12 CDT 2017

Greetings All

If you want to run a QRB-Beacon on as many as 6-bands
(2200/630/160/80/40/...6-meters)
check out QRP-LABS U3S kit with the GPS receiver to provide frequency
accuracy to ~1Hz
*(*http://shop.qrp-labs.com/U3S get the OCXO/Si5351A Synth (+$16.00) and
modify it per the
instructions I suggest - Hans added my comments to his website *)*.

The U3S runs CW, WSPR plus a bunch of other digital modes, is all self
contained and does
NOT tie-up a computer in the shack - all for about $60 . . . .

I now use a U3S kit + OCXO +GPS receiver to generate the LO for a formerly
dead IC-551D.
It is now alive again running as a dedicated WSPR (50.2945) and CW (50.069)
beacon. The
U3S is a most handy tool and useful as a signal generator with great
frequency accuracy.

Better buy one or several !

73 Dick/w7wkr and wd2xsh/26 at CN98pi