[600MRG] 600MRG Digest, Vol 78, Issue 50

Dave Riley dave.riley3 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 31 13:13:28 CDT 2017

Plug and Play:

If you want 17kc to 10ghz transverter coverage then try one of these
plug/play and air tested units.. This one is for 600M...
Make one for 2200m or 24ghz., all the basic same...
An all mode 10mhz. rig is a natural IF for beating against 10 mhz. GPS
clock out...

http://www.radiocom.net/600M/TxVerter2.jpg

The boxed up unit with the IC706...
If you cut the B+ lead to the final of a 706 then it gives enough TX
power output to drive a solid state mixer ( +7dbm )...

http://www.radiocom.net/600M/TxVerter3.jpg

Here is the unit being used right now made inside of a hard drive case
with RF shack surplus and modified PC boards like a Ramsey 5W amp and a
Novice 1 watter board ( now the driver ) plus other junk box jewels all
tied up together...
No heavy lifting or engineering, just 'plug and play'...  Watta country!!

Next is schematic of the 600m loop antenna TX/RX consists of one piece
of wire and a vacuum variable...
Is my best antenna here for 10kc to 6M ... No feed line necessary cuz
sometimes it becomes the RFPA tank circuit...

Thanks for a great JT9 session last night...  73s DaveR AA1A

I'm flabbergasted...I thought I might, on a lucky fluke of propagation,
beheard by one of my closer 630m WSPR neighbors. Surprisingly enough, my
first transmission on this new band was copied by nine station - some with

a decent SNR report. What a hoot! I can honestly say this more fun for me
than working an ATNO.

73 and thanks again to all who helped me.