[600MRG] 600MRG Digest, Vol 78, Issue 46

Dave Riley dave.riley3 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 28 14:29:22 CDT 2017

-Brian, WA1ZMS, NoUU

Brian, I agree with around 100 watts tops for 5w eirp... Saves power
too... Comes out to 72.5w here... If this loop looses several DBs in a
direction then it comes out somewhere else at a plus... If figured as an
isotropic I'm looking at a five watt contour...
I felt near guilty @ 350w OUT to claim 20w as a Fred Raab raider, but
not often...
How it gets in to the power lines is beyond me or any responsibility,
will we regulate the ether next??
Did we ever drive along power lines and sense 'picket fencing' on 2M FM,
so why not park under a HV line that gets the best signal in to EU?? (
or someplace )
Sitting on this big sack of silica is like the loop being in free space,
(almost) ...
On the flip side it is noisy on RX so I'm gonna order a W1TAG/1 woods
model e-probe, no kidding...
Hold that order, John.. I'm trying to swing a big deal with VE1HF if his
setup can be my 'front end'...
Feeling crook about the VE and 600m...
Stand by the JT9 gear, 10-4, HEY Bunky!!!
Last time qso you had a chirpy cw note on meteor shower DX...  Just
sayin!! 577
73s DaveR aa1a    legit QRM reports appreciated...