[600MRG] Approval received and acknowledged ( w7aln at netzero.com)

Alan Cooper w7aln at netzero.com
Sat Oct 28 02:07:24 CDT 2017

Yea!! I just got my approval for 475Khz band today also!! ...oh, oops!
Now I need to go back and figure out for which location I filed this was for..

Oh well since it was way past due, I can ignore the other request (just file them for record evidence when and if they arrive) and go ahead and begin work on a transverter for the transmit, and get the needed coils wound to bring my
62 foot vertical into a usable match condition. (until I can update or build something better )

-----excerpt from received email---------------------

October 27, 2017

Dear Alan Cooper (W7ALN),
We apologize for the delay, this notice is being provided to approve your proposed amateur radio station in the 472.0 - 479.0 band(s) at the following coordinates:  43⁰ N 13’ 23”, 124⁰ W 22’ 36.899999999999999”.   UTC has determined that your proposed amateur radio station would not operate within a horizontal distance of one kilometer from a transmission line that conducts a power line carrier (PLC) signal in the 472.0 - 479.0 bands.

Please direct any questions to the undersigned.
Mike Etzel
Mike.Etzel at utc.org
202-833-6839

One interesting factoid from all this is that remote meter reading and monitoring...
Is being done at my home location, from the local co-op electric company.
Which obviously does not use these freq's .

Alan
W7ALN