[600MRG] transmitting power

lstoskopf@cox.net lstoskopf@cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Fri Oct 27 22:32:37 CDT 2017

Glad this discussion came up. I calculated that with poor ground, etc. that I would be able to run nearly a KW to get to the ERP allowed. I was ready to go with one of the LDMOS parts, but will scale down. That also make the problem of getting LP filter capacitors that will handle the current at 630M.
Was ramped up for the CQWW this weekend, but got to my hilltop location today, just a couple of miles from my house to find some horrible powerline noise which is 30 over 9 on the TT Orion. Drove 8 miles each way along the rural line and the noise barely faded except for the standing waves along the way. The rural coop and I are going to have fun finding the source of that. Hadn't been there all summer. Last time was a broken ground on the pole arcing.
N0UU