[600MRG] Folded unipole antennas

kl7aj at acsalaska.net kl7aj at acsalaska.net
Thu Oct 26 12:46:45 CDT 2017

I wish I could find all of Carl Smith's papers on this matter.   Carl Smith was the founder of Cleveland Institute of Electronics, and it was his work on directional AM antennas in the 1930s  that the FCC adopted as law.  He was also our consultant engineer at KJNP....who wisely encouraged us to use half wave towers....greatly increasing the stability of our pattern.

Anyway,..he also designed a whole lot of the Navy's VLF antennas and had some very unique ways of doing top hat loading AND elevated ground systems.   Anyway...if you can find any work by Carl Smith, it's worth reading.

Eric