[600MRG] Capacitors

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Thu Oct 5 12:06:13 CDT 2017

While trying to build good bandpass filters for our favorite
frequencies, I've had a great deal of difficulty finding capacitors that
are good enough. C values in the range of 0.0047 to 0.1 uF are required
for most of these filters. All of the capacitors I have on hand in this
value range seem to be extremely low Q, very high ESR.

Does anyone know of a source of known good capacitors in this range?
I've looked at some WIMA and Kemet pulse rated caps and while they seem
to be better than most, they are still not good enough to build bandpass
filters with.

Thanks & 73,

Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP