[600MRG] Approved 2x

Jeremy w7eme w7eme at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 17 14:03:36 CST 2017

Aloha,
I have received approval for both 2k2m and 600m at two of our properties, denied a third. The latter, BPA main lines are clearly quite close.
Anyhow, I wish to try something ops on 600m from CN85. We have a beach front property that is secluded, on the 45th parallel. My thoughts for the ease of getting some bit of signal out, I will operate a 70 vertical, irrigation tubing on insulated ground mounted base. Guyed and incorporate a cap hat as the top guys.
I am looking for some advice on my ground system. The earth at this location is eternally damp to wet at less than three feet deep. High salinity due to the Pacific. Conductivity is very high when poking around with a megger, even in just damp sand. Sometines just a few ohms over a dozen feet. Will I even require much effort in a raidial system or counterpoise? I am thinking environmental influence on tuning the antenna may be significantly less with a substantial ground plane versus just conductive earth?
Mahalo in advance for any thoughts...
73 Jeremy  w7eme

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android