[600MRG] "Underground dog"

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Wed Nov 15 09:32:25 CST 2017

>What is an underground dog?  :)

 The ones that need a buried fence wire, naturally.

Seriously I have a system here and found it was very effective in training the dogs to not leave the yard.  The collar receiver warns them with a beep if they are getting too close to the boundary - the shock is only if they ignore the warning.  With proper initial training they may never get shocked again.

Note that Invisible Fence systems can be a source of radio interference - I set up a switch to shut the system down if the small amount of interference was bothering my reception in some instance.  The dogs remained unaware - they still obeyed the boundaries due to the prior conditioning.

The wire used for the buried perimeter loop was good quality stranded wire with a nice tough jacket.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.