[600MRG] "Underground dog"

patrick hamel pehamel at cableone.net
Tue Nov 14 17:25:05 CST 2017

Once upon a time there was a product called "invisible fence" to keep your dog inside the yard.
A shock collar was put on the dog and a wire was buried around the property.
When the dog approached the wire, the collar picked up a signal and shocked the dog.
Dogs soon learned that if they took a running leap across the wire they could go courting or hunting again.
The current way is to have the shock collar shock the dog if he gets too far away from a transmitter on the property - or if the power to the transmitter is lost.
You can see that digging a trench is no longer necessary, and there is lots of wire that has no buyers. This is the "Underground dog fence wire" referenced above.
Personally, I believe in training the dog and owner, not shocking the dog.
Pat