[600MRG] Beacon Operation

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Tue May 30 17:24:01 CDT 2017

Frank -

I would say that to run a CW beacon on the new bands (when available) would have required an operator be present at the "control point" - except that the Report and Order said something like "We decline to prohibit automatically controlled stations from these new bands".  So I'm thinking that the new bands will be listed as available for automatic control when the rules come out.

Unattended WSPR operation is beacon-like in its behavior, and stations on some bands are not lined up in the FCC-designated automatic control band segments, but no one seems up in arms about it (that I've heard of) - the narrow bandwidth and low power may help in that instance.

Steve WD8DAS / WH2XHY

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/