[600MRG] Beacon Operation

Larry Molitor w7iuv at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 15:11:35 CDT 2017

>From FCC R&O 17-33 paragraph:
 29. Other Issues. We decline to prohibit automatically controlled stations from operating inthese bands, even though several amateur commenters support the prohibition of automatic control in thenew amateur bands. We find that the technical rules and notification requirements that we are adoptingobviate the need to prohibit automatically controlled stations from operating in the new amateur bandsbecause they address any concerns over co-existence of these two uses. Further, as proposed in theWRC-12 NPRM, we are adding definitions for the terms effective radiated power, isotropically radiatedpower and LF (low frequency) in Section 97.3 of our rules. Finally, we decline to permit previouslylicensed experimental stations – some of which have been authorized with significantly more radiatedpower than the adopted EIRP limits for these new amateur service bands – to communicate with amateurstations operating in these bands. Amateur operations in these bands currently authorized underexperimental licenses should transition their operations in accordance with the adopted rules and notcircumvent such rules by use of experimental licenses.