[600MRG] WA2XRM on 166.666 kHz at 2100 MDT, 10 May , 2017

Paul Signorelli w0rw1 at msn.com
Wed May 10 18:45:18 CDT 2017

Hi Mike,

There is an article on fixing up the DX-60 in QRP Quarterly, April 2017, p.22.

You start with a good DX-60.

Mine has 2 - 6146's.

You build an oscillator for 475 kHz or find a crystal.

Remove all the RFC's and replace them with big coils resonate at your operating frequency.

You don't need  RFC's, you just need resonant coils.

I use old fan motor coils and remove wire until they are close to freq.

All bypass caps need to be bigger, 0.005 to 0.1 MFD.

Increase all coupling caps also.

Replace the tank with a Ferrite or Powered  Iron core.

If you are going for 475 kHz you can wind an air coil.

I used 2 Amidon T-220-3's for my 166 kHz transmitter.

All you get is a Class C transmitter, not a linear.

Paul   wa2xrm