[600MRG] WA2XRM on 166.666 kHz at 2100 MDT, 10 May , 2017

Paul Signorelli w0rw1 at msn.com
Wed May 10 17:31:17 CDT 2017

Please listen for WA2XRM on  166.666 kHz at  2100 MDT,  10 May , 2017.

Sending CW from Colorado.

Same antenna, Just tapped a little lower on the loading coil.

166.666 kHz is the sub-harmonic of the following popular frequencies: 500 kHz, 2.5, 5 and 10 MHz.

That makes it easy for me to zero beat to WWV. If you tune down 100 kHz you will find WWVB.

I just converted my Heathkit DX-60 (w/two 6146's) to 1800 meters.

It is only 25 pounds so it is not a boat anchor.

My erp is  less than 100 mW.

When you listen to this band you have to turn off your CFC's,  Lamp Dimmers, Switching power supplies, Battery chargers and Grow Lights. If you hear people talking/music you probably need a BC Band rejection filter. See diagram  for a simple filter at:

 <http://w0yse.webs.com/600meterband.htm>.

The Allouis, France, 2 MW LW Station on 162 kHz is now QRT, But maybe a lower powered Data/Frequency Standard still remains. They used to interfere with my 164 kHz transmissions which is why I switched to 166.6 kHz in 2000.

This band is also used for FCC Part 15, RF Devices, CFR Para. 15.217, (160 to 190 kHz) was set aside with

 simple rules. 1 Watt input max and less than 15 meter antenna. They meant 1 W Input not 1 W ERP.

 This band was also used by the GWEN System until  1995.

My station is a FCC Part 5 station so I can run more power. It was first licensed in 1998.

Please send reports to  w0rw1 at msn.com

Paul   wa2xrm

<http://www.qrz.com/db/wa2xrm/>