[600MRG] GPSDO continued -

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Sun Mar 5 10:14:09 CST 2017

OK, looks like the information I came across regarding the broadcast industry as a source for GPSDO modules was incorrect.  Two questions - (1) "Who / what activity" is offering these modules for sale on the Internet sites?  (2) As I understand these modules from the OEM web sites, a standard output is 10 MHz with a bunch of zeros to the right of the decimal point. I understand a very few amateur transceivers do use an on-board 10 MHz clock, and they do have provisions for an external 10 MHz clock. What if your device, be it an amateur / commercial receiver / transceiver, or test equipment uses a reference time base oscillator other than 10.0000... MHz.  Can someone suggest Internet articles that discuss frequency synthesizers using 10 MHz reference oscillators?

73 Frank Lotito  K3DZ / WH2XHA