[600MRG] BCST Stations as Standards

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Sat Mar 4 06:29:51 CST 2017

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2016-title47-vol4/xml/CFR-2016-title47-vol4-sec73-1545.xml

I understand that some number of GPSDO modules on E-Bay and similar auction / surplus sites are preventative maintenance pulls from broadcast stations.  It appears that GPSDO frequency control, according to the referenced 47CRF73.1545 URL, is above and beyond the minimum technical requirements required by US regulations.  I assume there is a similar situation for certain foreign stations?

If indeed some broadcast stations are using GPSDO devices for frequency control, I would think that those stations could be used as convenient and reliable frequency calibration points scattered here and there around the bands. If yes, is there a up-to-date and reliable listing of stations that employ GPSDO's for frequency control?

73 Frank Lotito  K3DZ / WH2XHA   grid square FN00