[600MRG] Litz wire, anyone??

John Andrews w1tag at charter.net
Wed Mar 1 17:15:56 CST 2017

Dave,

Bill Ashlock's verdict on Litz as a tree-supported loop conductor was
pretty grim. Worked fantastically early-on, but over time, way too many
individual strands parted company, and performance went down the tubes.
I think he ran the wire inside garden hose for protection.

On the other hand, his favorite conductor was 10 foot lengths of copper
tubing, with the joints silver-soldered. He would just haul it up there,
assembling as he went, and letting the stuff bend. Ugly as heck, and not
real cheap, but the darn stuff worked.

John, W1TAG