[600MRG] WSPRlite Time Sync

John Andrews w1tag at charter.net
Thu Jun 22 17:32:15 CDT 2017

 From their FAQ's:

"The WSPR specification says transmissions should start 1 seconds into
the hour. Why do you recommend starting 2 seconds in?
We characterised the WSPR decoding software and found that it was
significantly more tolerant to late starting than to early starting. The
WSPRlite uses a high quality TCXO as its time and frequency standard.
Measuring many WSPRlite devices we found that the largest likely error
after 30 days was about 1.6 seconds. By starting 2 seconds after the
hour, even the worst-case units will be well within the decode window
after 30 days."