[600MRG] Hamcom redux and what's next?

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 16:17:40 CDT 2017

Hi all - I thought I would give a summary of the MF and LF Q & A at
Hamcom here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area this weekend.

Both sessions went well although attendance was down slightly on
Friday from normal.  We experienced a bit of unexpected heavy weather
on Friday morning which is believed to have been a contributor to over
all decreased show attendance that day.

Today's session was slated to be 50 minutes but we went until right at
two-hours as the room was not used again until this afternoon.  There
were a lot of very good questions and the extra time allowed for some
focused treatment of a variety of topics that could not be covered in
as much detail on Friday.  I heavily referenced Rudy's recent
publication.

Thanks to Dave, AB5S, for providing his insight during both day's of
talks.  He was very helpful.

Soooo, what's next?  Anyone interested in putting signals on the air
again for Field Day and talking up the exercise with groups in your
region as an outreach opportunity?  I'll probably be doing it here in
NTX again and I'll make the rounds at a number of local sites.  I
don't mind publicizing a group activity but nows the time for me to
get on it so please let me know if this is of interest to you.  It
really is more than just putting a signal on the air.  To be useful
there really has to be some contact with local groups in your area so
please give it some thought and let me know.

Daily reports are missing for Friday and Saturday because I have been
gone but will resume tomorrow (Sunday)....

73!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..