[600MRG] New antenna at WD2XSH/20

Roger Graves ve7vv at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 15 22:00:27 CDT 2017

Rudy,

VERY nice!

Could you tell us what is the difference shown by EZNEC (far field gain, BW, etc) between:
a) your configuration and
b) one in which the 4 spokes connect to a continuous square perimeter wire (for both the top and bottom capacitor “plates”)?

I am sure you ran the model for b) and must have found your configuration superior but I am wondering what the difference was.
When I have modelled top hat configurations (e.g. for 3 spokes) I found that connecting the ends together led to greater capacitance. Your configuration “almost” connects your spokes together as there must be some capacitance between the ends of the wires and the nearby spoke that effectively partially completes the connection.

Thanks and 73,

Roger