[600MRG] WSPR Flavors

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Thu Jan 26 10:24:09 CST 2017

Almost 100% of WSPR operation is WSPR-2, which uses 2 minute periods of
RX or TX.  The WSPR software will try to decode all WSPR-2 signals found
within the 200Hz WSPR band, which is 1400-1600Hz audio in USB.  WSPR-X
is the latest software and is excellent  (there are others), but my
version does not have WSPR-15 implemented yet.
  WSPR-15 uses long 15 minute RX & TX intervals for increased
sensitivity over WSPR-2, but is otherwise the same.  The 2 modes are not
compatible.  Both stations must be using the same duration (2 or 15
minutes).