[600MRG] QRSS CW Keyer

Dick Bingham dick.bingham at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 19:53:50 CST 2017

Hi Frank

Check out the QRP-LABS kits especially the U3S and GPS receiver. This unit
should be in EVERY Hams tool-kit of goodies. ( http://shop.qrp-labs.com/U3S
)

I own three of these units (with GPS.) One unit has allowed me to resurrect
a dead Icom IC-551D that has a unavailable part in the LO circuitry. I use
the U3S to generate the appropriate LO to transmit a WSPR signal at
50.29450MHz and followed immediately by a CW beacon signal at 50.071MHz.
All automatic w/o needing a computer. It recovers from
a power outage w/o any attention from me - pretty neat . . .

The U3S will send QRSS/CW/WSPR/ and many more modes with frequency
uncertainty of less than 1Hz when the GPS
receiver is used. The GPS receiver also allows Grid-Square info to be
automatically inserted in the TX-message for WSPR.

Also check out this website for an interesting design detailing a current
current sampler for antenna work . . .

===> http://w8ji.com/building_a_current_meter.htm

73 Dick w7wkr and wd2xsh-26 at CN98pi   and w7wkr/7 at CN97uj