[600MRG] WA2XRM Reception Reports from 9 Jan. 2017

Paul Signorelli w0rw1 at msn.com
Mon Jan 9 00:39:36 CST 2017

 WA2XRM Reception Reports from 9 Jan. 2017, (Zulu Day), on 480.480 kHz.

The snow has melted and now getting SWR than 1: 1.06.

Revision A, Sorry the last email was sent by mistake.

There were no reports from KA9CFD or K3SIW on 9 Jan. 17.

Reports received so far:

1. AA7U, Steve, in the Desert of AZ (590 miles),  coping my CW by ear at 0100z.

 He copied all night until 0555z. He also noticed the subtle changes i put into the CW message to see if he was really hearing me.

2. KB5NJD, John, Dallas TX, (615 miles), Receiving  OK but weaker than yesterday.

Read John's Blog for all the day's 600 meter activity, propagation data, WSPR operations and general LF technical information.

See :<http://njdtechnologies.net/category/630-meters/>.

3. W4OP, Dale TN, (1219 miles), Band quiet but could not see on ARGO or copy by ear.

He got HB9Q bouncing off the Moon yesterday.

4. W0AD, Paul WI, (719 miles). NIL on his 225 ft Beverage antenna.

5. Kj8o, Joe MI,  (1162 miles). Weak but got part of call sign at 0500z.

I worked him 5 years ago on 20 meter PSK Pedestrian Mobile.

6. KU4XR, Andy  TN, (1161 miles).  Copies better after 0500z because a birdy went QRT.

He made an audio recording. Listening by ear to the recording, I have to give myself 55N, arm chair copy, no straining.

You have a super receiving system Andy !

7. W7WKR, Dick  WY,  (WD2XSH/26), (377 miles), He has S9+ Noise. I think he is being jammed by local QRN.

Thanks for all the reports.

It all depends on the propagation....

Better subscribe to CQ Magazine to get the next special QRP Issue in Feb. 2017,

and more LF information.

Paul  WA2XRM

Colorado